When you decide to head to the coastal area of Texas, you may find yourself saying out loud, “Huh, I forget Texas has a coastline.” However, for the folks in the know who appreciate what the Lone Star State has to offer in terms of tourism, you’ll head to the city of Kemah, TX, where your new refrain will be, “Gee, there are a lot of fun things to do in Kemah, TX!”
You’ll love exploring this beautiful city just outside of Houston, TX. Now, depending on whether you’re traveling with kids or just on a couples getaway, you’ll probably be looking for a chance to have some ‘couples only’ time. Luckily, you’re in the right place as Kemah has some amazing ways to make that little romantic spark burn bright.
Here are seven fun things you and your special someone can sink your teeth into when visiting Kemah, TX:
1. Friday Night Fireworks – No doubt you’re traveling during at least part of the weekend, and if that happens to include Friday night during the summer, you are in luck. If you happen to be a fan of great live music & a heck of a fireworks show, this is the place to be. There’s nothing more romantic than fireworks by the water.
2. Salsa Sundays – If you’re in town during the summer, you’ll be able to catch one of the more unique but very romantic offerings in town. Salsa Sundays offers a chance all summer for folks to get free salsa lessons, enjoy salsa & Latin-themed music, dancing, and even shows put on by professional dancers.
3. Rock the Dock – Maybe you and your sweetie like to rock. Check out the best in rock music during Rock the Dock. You’ll be treated to all types of rock music from the first week of May nearly all through August.
4. Art of Coffee – Take in some quiet time over a nice cup of Joe by checking out the Art of Coffee. It’s a favorite among visitors and permanent residents alike, providing great atmosphere & drinks to all.
5. Boardwalk Beast – If you’re looking for some thrills as a couple, look to the Boardwalk Beast. You’ll cruise out in Galveston Bay at nearly 40 mph, all while enjoying music, the bay breeze, and you’re sure to get a little wet.
6. Clear Creek Vineyards – Since 2007, this award-winning winery has been making stellar wine. You and your significant others can choose to take a tour or even try out a wine tasting. Better yet, Clear Creek offers a picnic lunch for two or Gourmet Cheese Boards that can be purchased directly from the winery.
7. The Boardwalk Fantasea – The Boardwalk FantaSea is a chartered yacht & is the perfect way to celebrate in just the right way. Because it is a chartered yacht, you’re privy to having a private cruise by reservation. You can collaborate with the cruise coordinator on a menu and entertainment options for the perfect event.
It’s not hard to find fun things to do in Kemah, TX, especially for couples. With proximity to Galveston Bay and a great balance between fun & romantic, you and your special someone are sure to find exactly what you’re looking for to make your trip perfect.