This whole concept of fantasy sports and daily fantasy sports has been fun, but it is just a bunch of hypotheticals and a cash cow concept. By definition, Fantasy sports is defined as is a type of game, often played using the Internet, where participants assemble imaginary or virtual teams composed of proxies of real players of a professional sport. These teams compete based on the statistical performance of those players in actual games. This performance is converted into points that are compiled and totaled according to a roster selected by each fantasy team’s manager.
Daily Fantasy Sports
Daily Fantasy sports or DFS takes the hypotheticals and cash cow concepts to the extreme and is defined as a subset of fantasy sport games. As with traditional fantasy sports games, players compete against others by building a team of professional athletes from a particular league or competition while remaining under a salary cap, and earn points based on the actual statistical performance of the players in real-world competitions. Daily fantasy sports are an accelerated variant of traditional fantasy sports that are conducted over short-term periods, such as a week or single day of competition, as opposed to those that are played across an entire season.
Is This fantasy Still Trending?
We started by defining Daily fantasy sports and fantasy sports to provide better insight into how this operation has been running successfully for years. for those who have experienced sites like draftkings, fanduel, yahoo or many others that started coming out later attempting to copycat the same success as draftkings and fanduel the big question in 2022 after the year we have had with covid is this fantasy and hypothetical approach to sports still trending?
Based on a small sample of frequent users , this trend is starting to fade back into fantasy. the whole idea was bad from the start by trying to mix fantasy into real sports using hypotheticals and fantasy. There has been some changes at DraftKings and fan duel that make you wonder if people are catching on and are using these services less.
For example DraftKings and fan duel implemented major Costly updates that they have been holding back and to be fair should have been released as the same time these companies started up. They implemented a feature that sends out a notification each time you have a player who is a late scratch instead of just automatically taking your money because you will loose if you do not take out a late scratch or remember to do so. Companies like Caesars playbook and many other newer styles will succeed in the long term and will be trending due to the fact that they keep it based upon real sports and stats. there are no hypotheticals or what if moments in real sports and that same should reflect on to these gambling companies if they want to succeed. Do not take after DraftKings and fan duel with the use of hypotheticals and what ifs. a.k.a. give me all your money.
DraftKings & Fanduel
pick some players and stay under a salary cap and watch the money rake in! it sounds so good until you actually fall for it and give them your money and loose it all. So we have gathered up some information to provide better insight and tips into what it actually takes to win a gpp tournament because it is not as advertised. This will continue to build and there will be more winners to come from immediately homing in on these specifics and not falling for the salary cap fantasy.
- Winning takes the understanding of variance and standard deviation plays a role into winning. It does not matter how well you stay under some salary cap or shine object. You need a math degree to really win anything.
- upside plays a role in picking players but again its the behind the scenes math part that plays the biggest part into winning. It does not matter how much you have been watching sports and know a guy who is going to have a good game because, you cannot factor this into a lineup and expect to win as it does not work like its advertised.
- this will soon consume the natural sports we used to love and know because of companies like draftkings and fanduel not willing to do what is real and instead get rich off of the concept of “fantasy Sports”.
- There will come a time when these companies will have to get out of fantasy land and figure out how to legitimately implement what the advertise into real sports and stats and etc.
- Do not add more than 5 dollars at a time to either of these companies, instead wait and take advantage of the free bets
So this is some insight on what was trending but has climaxed and seems to be fading unless these companies figure out how to implement there product into real sports the right way or continue in fantasy land where soon everybody will catch on to these concepts and stop using these “fantasy services”.