You CAN control the level of attraction and chemistry created on your dates and interactions with the opposite sex, at least to a certain extent. There are numerous factors & components involved in creating attraction, (as well as in destroying it) so it’s extremely wise to understand how it works and what those critical components are, so that you can control those things that are within your control and maximize the level of attraction and connection that’s created in any given situation. And thing is, that physical appearances have actually very little to do with attraction & chemistry.
Right now, but I’m going to share with you 5 tips on how to control just one of those components of attraction, which happens to be one of the most powerful ones – The Atmosphere & Environment of your interaction/date. There are several key components to the atmosphere that are at play whether you realize it or not that are powerfully influencing your attraction and “chemistry” you have with someone, either positively or negatively. And the good news is, all of these 5 factors are things YOU have control over! So why not make ’em work in your favor?
1. The Atmosphere & Environment:
Set up the Atmosphere & Environment, or “Ambiance” in your Favor: If you have control over the ambiance and atmosphere that you will be meeting someone in for the first time… DO it and be strategic about it! 5 things you can do to set up or control your environment to create the greatest amount of attraction are:
* Dark, dimly lit places and rooms with candles.
* Places with “sexy” colors, decor and lighting – Like reds, hot pinks and fuchsia’s, electric blues. (Refer to pics below for examples!) There’s a reason why there’s so much hooking up going on in those swanky clubs in Vegas. Okay, I guess there’s multiple reasons.
* Alcohol on the premises. Now hear me out before there’s an uproar, I’m not suggesting you turn into a lush or you jump back on the wagon (or is it “off the wagon”? RE: Seinfeld episode) if you’re a recovered alcoholic, but I’ll call a spade a spade and say that, in moderation, alcohol does typically help increase your odds by relaxing and calming any pre-date nerves, creating more fluidity in conversations (and thus less awkwardness) and accelerating bonding. Drink responsibly.
* Opt for Unique, Lesser-Known Hole-in-the-Wall places rather than generic chain restaurants. Doing a little research and taking her (or him) to a lesser-known spot that they’ve never been to pays off as it increases the excitement for them and the surprise factor of going to a place they’ve never been to before. Just make sure that YOU have adequately scoped it out beforehand.
* Sit close to each other and at a right-angle rather than sitting directly across from each other, if you can control it. Studies have shown that if you sit kitty-corner from each other it creates more attraction than sitting directly across, and it allows for more intimacy as well. Also, if your server is leading you to a table that looks like it could belong in King Arther’s pad, attempt to veto it and ask if they have anything smaller available so you don’t have to shout to pass the salt.
* Background Music: Have soft music playing in the background, or go to a place that does, rather than being in an atmosphere that’s dead silent. On the flip side, the music shouldn’t be so loud that you have to scream at one another; that’s no bueno either.
So in sum, boys and girls… avoid bright, open popular chain restaurants with stark overhead lighting, no alcohol and kids running around… Dark and cozy unique restaurants with candles, privacy, and flowing carafes of wine – GOOD!